Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN-17x4 Tube Boards are here!  (Read 10736 times)
nonentity
Co-Owner, Robotpirate
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2009, 01:10:14 PM »

Once Jer and I have a chance to finalize the code that supports these boards, we'll be offering them in the ArduiNIX store, but I wanted to announce that they work and show off a couple pics!

http://www.nonentity.com/New/Images/Robotpirate/ArduiNIX_TubeBoard.jpg
Assembled board with 4 IN-17 nixies and 4 10K resistors.

http://www.nonentity.com/New/Images/Robotpirate/ArduiNIX_TubeBoard_Test.jpg
Mounted to the ArduiNIX using the angled Anode connectors as a physical mount, and short ribboncable section as cathode connection.

http://www.nonentity.com/New/Images/Robotpirate/ArduiNIX_TubeBoard_Test2.jpg
Lit up and ticking!  We're going to release the correct code support for this board as soon as Jeremy is done with it.

Thanks!

nonentity
Robotpirate Founder
www.robotpirate.com

Auraelius

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 07:43:00 PM »

Those look cute! Interesting ribbon cables, too. That setup would look good under some plexiglass sitting on a desk. Are those provisions for a colon between the digits?

nonentity
Co-Owner, Robotpirate
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 09:24:32 PM »

Those look cute! Interesting ribbon cables, too. That setup would look good under some plexiglass sitting on a desk. Are those provisions for a colon between the digits?

Thanks!

Yes, they are, INS-1 neon lamps can go there, if you were to trim a bit of the plastic off the tube mounts.   Those tube mounts that come with the tubes tend to vary a bit in dimension, so this particular build gets a bit snug there, so I left them out.

nonentity
Robotpirate Founder
www.robotpirate.com

r17

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 03:36:19 PM »

Did you also have the 6 bulb pcb built ? Thats the one I am interested in getting. Although saying that I really like the look of the 4 tube board.

nonentity
Co-Owner, Robotpirate
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 10:03:01 PM »

Did you also have the 6 bulb pcb built ? Thats the one I am interested in getting. Although saying that I really like the look of the 4 tube board.

Our plan is to have the 6 bulb board out after the first of the year, after we see how well the 4 bulb board is recieved.  We are, after all, a small 2 man outfit. (With our wonderful wives helping us out with the logistics of it all)

After the holiday slow down, expect to see quite a few updates from Jeremy and me.

nonentity
Robotpirate Founder
www.robotpirate.com

k9zw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 10:00:03 AM »

Just order a pair of the IN17x4 Boards and was wondering if you had the x4 (with IN1 dots) code ready to download?

Cheers & 73,

Steve
K9ZW

neonglass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 08:52:06 AM »

Are the PCB files available for the IN-17x4 boards.  I could really use the schematic.  Trying to get the INS-1 tubes going.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: