Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anode pins  (Read 4733 times)
finsprings

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2009, 12:09:33 PM »

So I finally figured out that the single-nixie sample sketch is wrong in that it says it's using A1 but the one that actually gets voltage is A4.
I can't figure out what digital pins A1-A3 are on. I didn't see that information on the schematic, but I'm probably just being blind.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

nonentity
Co-Owner, Robotpirate
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 06:59:36 AM »

So I finally figured out that the single-nixie sample sketch is wrong in that it says it's using A1 but the one that actually gets voltage is A4.
I can't figure out what digital pins A1-A3 are on. I didn't see that information on the schematic, but I'm probably just being blind.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Howdy, Finsprings..

I corrected the schematic example to line up with the code sample, thanks for pointing that out!  Not sure what you're asking about pins A1-A3, are you asking how to turn them on?

The codesample for 6 bulbs might point you in the right direction.  Let me know if you need anything,

B

nonentity
Robotpirate Founder
www.robotpirate.com

finsprings

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 08:17:05 AM »

I corrected the schematic example to line up with the code sample, thanks for pointing that out!  Not sure what you're asking about pins A1-A3, are you asking how to turn them on?

The codesample for 6 bulbs might point you in the right direction.  Let me know if you need anything,

The sketch comments and variable names all refer to it using A1 but the IO pin it actually uses is for A4.
I want to know which digital IO pins on the Arduino correspond to anodes A1, A2 and A3.
I'll take a look at the 6-tube sketch though, thanks!

finsprings

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 07:28:31 AM »

Ok, so I am still confused. Both example sketches contain this block:

Code:
// anod pins
int ledPin_a_1 = 10;
int ledPin_a_2 = 11;
int ledPin_a_3 = 12;

The single-bulb demo passes a value of 0 into its DisplayNumberSet functions as the first parameters, which will set the anode to ledPin_a_1 and hence use digital I/O pin 10 on the Arduino. However the pin that actually receives the 180V is anode A4 not anode A1.

So my question still stands: what Arduino digital I/O pin corresponds to anodes A1-A4? The code snippet above implies: A1=10, A2=11, A3=12 and I guess by extension A4=13. However the single bulb sketch uses 10 and A4 turns on so that means A4=10 and therefore I have no idea what the other 3 are.

Is the silk screen wrong maybe? Is it that the right-most anode pin is really A1 rather than A4? That is the one that gets 180V when I use pin 10 at least.

Sorry if I'm being really stupid here.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: