Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 4 tube IN-17s - Only 2 tubes lighting dimly  (Read 3639 times)
willystyle

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2015, 07:35:19 PM »

So I've put everything together, no visible cold solder joints, I plug everything in and do the voltage test - disconnected I can get to about 183v on the low end of the pot. Once the tubes are in, it reads about 149 or so, but only the middle two tubes light up and it seems as though multiple cathodes are lit. If it is displaying a number, it's indistinguishable to me. I also tested each of the tubes from anode to every cathode to verify there are no shorts in the tubes. I'm using the basic code off the site.

Looking for the next logical test steps...

Thanks in advance!

nonentity
Co-Owner, Robotpirate
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 09:37:28 AM »

So I've put everything together, no visible cold solder joints, I plug everything in and do the voltage test - disconnected I can get to about 183v on the low end of the pot. Once the tubes are in, it reads about 149 or so, but only the middle two tubes light up and it seems as though multiple cathodes are lit. If it is displaying a number, it's indistinguishable to me. I also tested each of the tubes from anode to every cathode to verify there are no shorts in the tubes. I'm using the basic code off the site.

Looking for the next logical test steps...

Thanks in advance!

Can you tell us if your driver chips may have been fried? Pictures would help, but that's my first thought.

nonentity
Robotpirate Founder
www.robotpirate.com

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: