Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quick Pinout question:  (Read 3889 times)
stewards68

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2011, 01:52:57 PM »

I'm writing up a little tutorial for my project and wanted a quick clarification before I put something in writing...

On the anode pinouts, I had some confusion initially and want to make sure that my explanation of the code and schematic is correct.  The ArduiNIX PCB has them labeled A1, A2, A3, A4.  The example code refers to them here:

// anod pins
int ledPin_a_1 = 10;
int ledPin_a_2 = 11;
int ledPin_a_3 = 12;

By my recollection, Arduino pin 10 actually controls the ArduiNIX PCB output pin A4, and A1 is controlled by 13.  Am I correct there?  It isn't an error per se, it's just that you must wire up the anode you are trying to control with the int variable  "ledPin_a_1"  to the A4 pinout, ledPin_a_2 to the A3, etc.  The hookup schematic posted in the forum has them split up into JP1 and JP2, which doesn't clarify things for me either.

Just the way those variables are named makes it a little confusing for us mortals, and I wanted to make sure I'm correct before I post up my writeup!

nonentity
Co-Owner, Robotpirate
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 05:21:17 PM »

Sounds good to me!  We mortals are who cobbled this thing together in the first place Wink

nonentity
Robotpirate Founder
www.robotpirate.com

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: